Benefits Of Hydroquinone for the Skin – Melasma and Dark Spot Treatment
What Is Hydroquinone?
Hydroquinone is a chemical agent typically used for depigmenting and skin lightening. It lightens dark patches and rejuvenates your skin. Generally, excess production of melanin is responsible for hyperpigmentation and dark patches in our skin. Hydroquinone treats these conditions by decreasing that excess production of melanin in the skin.
Benefits of Hydroquinone
Hydroquinone is used in various skin lightening products including topical creams, serums, cleansers, and moisturizers. Hydroquinone helps combat hyperpigmentation and dramatically improves the skin. Other significant benefits of hydroquinone include:
- It effectively lightens dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and melasma. Dermatologists consider this as the topical gold standard for reducing hyperpigmentation.
- Hydroquinone has strong depigmenting properties so it helps with brightening your complexion and reducing acne scars and marks.
- Skincare products that contain hydroquinone help even out skin tone. It lightens the darkened areas of the skin and gives you a more balanced, even complexion.
- Multiple studies have shown that hydroquinone is effective for treating post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- Most people, especially women of color, suffer from melasma. Melasma consists of patches of darker skin typically appearing on the forehead, cheeks, and around the lip. Hydroquinone not only helps rectify the side effects of melasma but also serves as the general preference to treat melasma.
How to Use Hydroquinone
Due to its immense popularity, many acne products contain hydroquinone. However, according to dermatologists, 2-4% of hydroquinone is safe to use and works best for skin lightening. Our Hydro-Q Serum is one of the most effective solutions for melasma, hyperpigmentation and dark spots. It contains 2% Hydroquinone along with Ascorbic Acid. These two active ingredients work together to target the pigmented areas and lighten dark spots within 4 weeks of regular use. Unlike many other serums, Hydro-Q Serum is very lightweight and absorbs quickly into the skin so you don’t have to worry about oily skin and you can also easily use it with other products.
Hydroquinone is undoubtedly one of the best remedies to treat melasma, dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and issues relating to skin discoloration. So, if you want to improve your uneven skin tone and lighten dark spots, try our Hydro-Q Serum and resolve your skin issues once and for all.